Before we introduce gluten foods, first have an insight about gluten. It is the protein in the grains, which expands. Foods containing this elastic protein are wheat, rye, barley, durum, einkorn, graham, semolina, bulgur wheat, spelt, farro, kamut, and triticale. Even commercial oats also contain gluten because of its cross contamination during its processing.
Spicecentre, situated at Edmonton in Canada, caters to the needs of the customers by providing the fresh grocery. The store is very big with aisles of displayed bright and vibrant fruits and vegetables in the store. Name it and you will have it! The people associated with India would know about the vast variety of the seasoned fruits and vegetables in Asia and now here in Canada you can get all those. Now, you do not need to wait and mark the long 360 degree on a scale of the year for those summer holidays to come and allow you to gobble all those delightful and seasoned grocery in your native country. Now right here in Edmonton only, you can have it all and can quench your craving for the nutritious and healthy organic fruits and vegetables.
Here, we have done some work for you, as with providing gluten free ready to cook foods and the ingredients, which are used to cook gluten free food, we have displayed these ingredients separately.
Some of these are bleached white flour, whole wheat, cracked wheat, barley, semolina, spelt, farro, kamut, triticale, Asian rice wraps but some of these containing a small amount of gluten are semolina, spelt and whole wheat pasta, cous cous.
Here below is the list of gluten free ingredients that can be used to cook 100%gluten free food.
- Sorghum flour
- Amaranth and amaranth flour
- Certified gluten-free oats and oatmeal
- Coconut flour
- Tapioca (whole) and tapioca starch (manioc)
- Potato starch (used in baking)
- Potato flour (used sparingly as a thickener)
- Sweet potato and yam flour
- Teff flour
- Nut meals and flours- almond, chestnut, pecan, cashew
- Chick pea, garbanzo, soy (soya) and bean flour
- Corn, grits, polenta and cornmeal
- Buckwheat, buckwheat cereal, kasha and buckwheat flour
- Rice- white, brown, risotto, basmati, jasmine, sticky rice, rice cereal
- Rice flour- white rice, sweet (glutinous) rice and brown rice flour
- Quinoa, quinoa cereal flakes, and quinoa flour
- Millet and millet flour
- Arrowroot starch